10 Questions with Kayla Busby
1. What was the most memorable thing that happened to you this past year?
AP Studio Art, because I really enjoyed making duct tape art this year so I was excited to come to class.
2. What was the best class you had at North this past year and why?
It was hard establishing what I wanted to do with my future in art. Everyone said I should go to art school, but I took the initiative to go to a school that wasn’t art based. The art program at the school I chose is really nice, and I wanted to continue my education in other areas besides art.
3. What was the funniest thing that happened to you this past year and why?
People were shocked that I wanted to be a tattoo artist. That was funny. And somehow Wilken’s didn’t know I was her secret scholar.
4. What was the most memorable school event from this past year and why?
The coffee house. It was my first time doing live art and I got to do it for 6 hours in a row. I got a lot of support from the teachers and students. It was awesome.
5. What was the most memorable out of school event from this past year and why?
The Cardinal’s won the World Series. It affected me at work since I work at a donut shop, everyone was talking about it so much.
6. What are you most looking forward to in the next year?
Going to college and finally branching out.
7. What are you most nervous about for next year?
If I’ll still be as inspired with art and if I’ll be able to find my path with art early.
8. What do you want to do differently next year and why?
I definitely want to be more outgoing and I don’t want to be nervous the enter art contents. I want to take more risks.
9. What advice do you have for North students next year?
Really enjoy your years of high school and don’t stress about so much stuff. Keep your friends close.
10. What was your favorite movie from this past year and why?
Probably Breaking Dawn because we dressed up my cousin as Edward Cullen, it was just a fun night.